Friday, September 09, 2005

Huh?

Phone rings--847 area code. It's my bro.

Me : "Yo."

Him: "Hey. What are you up to?"

Me: "Nothing. Driving around Wisconsin. Had to buy some sunflower seeds. What's up with you?"

Him: "Just leaving the office. I have this law school thing tonight, but I'm starting to phase out on going to every single one of these events. Murton and I were talking about it the other night, and he's taking this tack of not going to all these things, to be a little bit of the mystery guy."

Me: "That's cool. There's probably some merit to that."

Him: "Yeah, so I think this is the last Thursday night boozer I'm going to for a while. It's at Sheffield's and it's a pretty nice night, so that's cool. Listen, tomorrow I'm probably going to cruise around with mom during the day, if you have any interest, to show her the apartment and the 'hood and all that. I was thinking about maybe hitting up a movie later in the day. I haven't seen 'Wedding Crashers' or 'The Aristocrats' yet."

Me: "I've seen both, but I'm telling you, wait 'til 'Aristocrats' comes out on DVD, and watch it when you come home loaded at 4 in the morning. It's funny, but after about a half hour, it's just the same dick joke over and over a hundred times. But I bet that's hysterical when you're drunk. I'd go see 'Wedding Crashers' again with you, though. It's pretty good."

Him: "Oh, well, I didn't mean I wanted to go to the movies with you, just that I wanted to go to the movies."

Huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home