Saturday, April 22, 2006

Random Thought Of The Day

I really like the way President Bush gives the salute. It's a nice little "Right back atcha, pardner" karate chop action. Posessing of a forceful, unnatural jerkiness, it reminds one of the fact that he once signed up for--but never actually served in--the armed forces. This must drive his salute recipients absolutely crazy, many of whom are badass Marines who are out of their minds with patriotism and obsessed with doing things the right way.

Setting his inability to salute aside, I still voted for the guy twice. If nothing else, he strikes me as a pretty funny guy. Pllus, he often reacts to awkward, nerves-inspiring questions in much the same way I expect I would. Anyway, "Meet the new boss / Same as the old boss" and all of that crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home