Friday, October 14, 2005

Random Thought of the Day

Doesn't "manslaughter" sound much worse than "murder"? It's not like you'd say to yourself, "If given the choice, I'd rather be manslaughtered than murdered." "Murder" has a nice, clean ring to it, but "manslaughter" has a much more sinister feel--"It's not that he just died; he was manslaughtered. " What's the big difference anyway? Something stupid that lawyers invented to get people off, I guess. Either way you lablel it, the victim gets the short end of the stick.

Conversation between two people looking down onto the world from the heavens:

Guy 1: "Wow! See that guy coming out of 7-Eleven? The one with the shaved head and the face tattoo? He's the one who manslaughtered me. I can't believe he got out of jail already."

Guy 2: "Manslaughter? Woah, he got off easy. The guy who murdered me went to the chair six months ago. Your guy should be really happy."

Guy 1: "Yeah, I bet he is. But, it's not like it makes much difference to me either way. Hey, do you still feel like throwing rocks down at Hitler?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home