Sunday, November 27, 2005

Living Urban Legend

Something exceptionally odd happened yesterday, and I must admit that I'm freaking out a little. On so many levels, it's easily one of the most unusual things that's happened to me this year. Actually, it might be the strangest thing that I've EVER been a party to, and that's saying something.

Some of you will undoubtedly hear about it at some point in the future. However, in a rare exercise of discretion, I have decided to withhold all details from this medium, because it is considerably more personal than typical What I See fare. But, let's put it this way: If I ever write a sitcom, this incident will definitely warrant a full episode--but only if the show runs on HBO or Showtime.

The thing is, it's not like I go out of my way to cause weird shit to happen. 99% of the time I make it a point to try to be as nice as possible; the other 1% of the time usually presents a situation so hysterical or the set up so welcoming that I cannot resist a wise-crack or inappropriate comment. In this case, I did nothing absolutely wrong, from start to end. In fact, this situation arose because I went out of my way to be a great guy along each step of the process, if you can believe it. Because my intentions were chivalrous yet still blew up in my face, I feel like an earthquake has shaken the foundations of my faith in well intentioned actions. It's simultaneously funny and scary and, if I know anything about anything, the story will undoubtedly be propelled to the status of living urban legend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home