Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Random Thoughts of the Day

Pet peeve of the day: People who say "ideal" when they mean "idea."



Political equation of the day: In spite of the hoi polloi's incessant whining about X, we'll still be contending with Y ten years from now -- where X means either "alternative forms of energy" or "the war," and Y means either "gas-powered cars" or "Iraq," and the sum of the equation is get the fuck over it.



As far as I'm concerned, putting a political bumper sticker on your car is almost nearly as stupid as getting a tattoo. In both cases, the consequences of making a bad call are permanent as far as both vessels are concerned. If you had gotten, say, a Chinese symbol tattoo of what you thought was your name but actually turns out to mean "child molester," you'll suddenly be in need of a painful surgery, or wind up feeling stupid for the rest of your life. Similarly, if you had placed a Howard Dean bumper sticker on the trunk of your car, you've probably thought about getting the whole thing repainted, or thought about turning it in prematurely. In either case, I'd suggest going forth with neither.



I am not writing often, as I am not very fond of what I've had to say lately. In essence, I am tired of my own voice. Such a terrible thing to say, but that's the God's honest truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home