Saturday, April 07, 2007

Kings and Queens and...

Chess is not so much a game as an approach. I find it works for my two favorite academic concerns, being history and business. Consider...

Sometimes, when looking at things, figure on losses before you begin, always plotting a follow-up recovery move.

And, look for certain moves which look like losses for a finite period of time, but which will eventually turn advantageous.

And, try to lure opponents into moves that you might have tried and know to be faulty, because you know what happened and can plot how to block their getting out it.

And, take solace in knowing that until the last piece is taken, the game can continue indefinitely.

I don't really play chess, but I really love straetgy. I should have gone into the military.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home