Sunday, October 08, 2006

Absence

I would like to apologize with great sincerity for my absence the last couple weeks. An easily distracted personality, plus the rapid passage of time, has resulted in this lack of good posts. I've written several entries, but mainly they are crap.

It should come as no surprise that the baseball playoffs are a nearly all-consuming affair in my life. I've watched about 80% of the games and listened to the remainder on ESPN Radio. The greatest thing about baseball is that you will never stop learning new things about the game if you are open to them. Example: Jim Leyland moves the bottom of the order to the top, and the Tigres suddenly start winning ball games. Counter-example: Joe Torre replaced Gary Sheffield with Bernie Williams, and the wheels go flying off the bus. I love it. I can't get enough of it. I wish all of these series could go to the last game, just so the games could go on as long as possible. Alas, there have been a couple of sweeps and it doesn't look like any of the division series will go to 5 games. There's always hope for the championships and the World Series, I suppose, but somewhere deep down, I feel robbed. I AM that Cubs fan in the Tommy Lasorda "I Live For This" ads. Sigh.

Moving on, I hope to polish and rework these awaiting posts at some point, and I'd like to get around to publishing my final thoughts about the Cubs season, but I want to be a little removed from it. I still haven't re-adjusted to getting the regular impulse to jump on the El at around 12:50 or 6:30, pencil and iPod in hand.

Another distraction: At the recommendation of FoJ, I bought a 100GB external hard drive, so I've been downloading shows like a madman for the last couple weeks. I've also been busy doing a bunch of other stuff as well, though at the moment I cannot seem to recall what, or how so many little things could possibly take up so much time and involve so much running around.

So, again, I'd like to apologize for being negligent in writing lately. I'll be back soon; nothing to worry about. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home