Wednesday, October 11, 2006

GD-Related Random Thought

Came to way too late, called the Bike Shop to make sure I didn't need to come in, continued sleeping off my hangover from the last night's show, picked up Sheehan at his girlfriend's house, grabbed a big lunch at Sarkis, took Sheehan home, had a cat nap on my parents' couch, called to make sure Page was on his way, took a two-minute shower, picked up my girlfriend Amy, sneaked my thirteen year-old brother into the back of Page's van when my parents weren't looking, ditched the car at Navy Pier, walked through Grant Park, entered Deadland, partied hard in spite of Page's prohibitionist girlfriend, ignored rumors that this tour would be the last, entered the gates over the old pedestrian bridge on the south side of Soldier Field, climbed the never-ending rows of seats way up into the southwest corner, danced danced danced to the thundering grooves, got the tingles when the band left the stage, smiled when Jimi Hendrix's "The Star Spangled Banner" came over the p.a., primal-screamed when the fireworks started exploding, and wished I had a camera to take a picture of it.

So goes my tale of the last Grateful Dead show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home